Xkuzme1

Well Known Member
Probably not going to work.
Your best bet is to run that wire and hide an antenna.... or sell the unit.
A Sporty's hand held will depict localizer and glideslope right on the front.
Just a thought.

I would agree on going with he wingtip option. You can get conduit through the lightening holes with the coax inside, or you can run it down a J-channel (if the -4 has them). Good coax should last a long time there. The wingtip antennas work well enough.

I'm not familiar with the -4, but it was super-easy to run coax through the wing in my -6. I'd pop the wing tip off and take a look before you look too hard for alternatives.

Ok then

Ok, well sounds like I'll be going through the wing! I figured that it would be harder than it is. I say that before I've even started the job.

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure on the RV4 but I've been pulling wires through my wings and if it's the same it should be no problem. If you have a wing conduit the it should be really simple, just push it through. If not you'll have to reach in from the acesss panels and feed it through each rib.

Now if there are no holes it's going to be a whole different ballgame. Hopefully that will not be the case.

Ok, well sounds like I'll be going through the wing! I figured that it would be harder than it is. I say that before I've even started the job.

Thanks guys!

Running the coax through the wing is pretty easy. The challenge is getting it through the spar and up to the panel. But it can be done, just have to be creative and depends on how important it is to you to have the coax hidden in the cabin.