gnuse

Well Known Member
It has been more than 10 years since my RV-8's and my hangar mate's RV-8's VM1000 have had their memory battery replaced. After reading as much as possible on this site, I order two of the batteries from Mouser.com. What a great company, excellent stock, recent turn-over, and quick shipping.

We read all we could find and prepared for the battery change. The help from some of this site's members made the task comfortable. After carefully grounding the box and ourselves, out came the old battery and carefully the new battery was installed............ and NO display....... blank. This was not good. We installed the old battery and the display came alive and the data was still there.

Remember that I was going to change my battery also, so we removed the original battery and installed the other batter we ordered. The display came to life but there was no time or fuel capacity, but this was expected.

A quick call to Mouser and a new battery was shipped at no charge and now I get to go through the same procedure. Thankfully this process has been made possible with support from the members of this site.