JDOJR

Help,
Probably a dumb question, but is the VM1000 internally lit. Mine is not and I can not tell from the factory manual if it is supposed to be. Thanks.

Dean

As Larry said...
VM%252520lit.jpg

Only ref I could find in the manual was on page 7. (See below). Look for terminal J4-16, and check out the "Do Not" item number 1, about sharing a cb with J4-15. Good luck!

VM%252520wiring.jpg

Cheers,
Bob

VM-1000

Thanks so much for the info. I was sure internal lighting was normal, but had not found it in the manual.
Merry Christmas,
Dean

VM-1000

Another question. After crawling under my panel and finding the DPU, I am unable to locate which wire is J4-16. Are they externally marked on the terminals? Unfortunately I also need to replace the internal battery based on previous posts. Looks like a possible rewire job. Thanks again,
Dean Ousley

Dean,

Just starting a 3 day trip, but will look at the e-manual while gone, and then at my schematic when I get back, to see if I can find a terminal layout.

I replaced the battery, and it was no big deal...however, I did have just enough service loop in the DPU wires to get to the cover and replace the battery component (it plugs into the circuit board). Saved a lot of hassle disconnecting all those wires, but was a bit of time on the head, with legs sticking out of the canopy!

Not sure if the DPU has markings, or if you have to count terminals. Will also look at my neighbor's spare DPU, and let ya know what I find out! Any ideas Larry?

Cheers,
Bob

... Any ideas Larry?

Cheers,
Bob

The terminals are marked on the outside but I don't remember exactly how. You probably have to get at it at the right angle. My airplane is snowed in and I don't have the manual here at home.

edit: As I think about it more I think maybe only the end terminals in each row are really marked and you have to interpolate from there.

Last edited:
VM-1000

Thanks guys, any information is helpful. The way my DPU is mounted it is virtually impossible to get a direct view of the terminals. I will probably end up removing the unit and doing some level of rewiring. Thanks again.
Dean Ousley