JDOJR

I just installed a new battery in the DPU and now when I power up the screen illuminates momentarily and then goes blank. I have reinstalled the battery multiple times with the same results. I have checked all of the connections and they all seem secure. I also reinstalled the old battery with the same results. The screen worked fine before I replaced the battery with the exception of a blinking fuel indicator and a lack of tach time memory. Please help!

Thanks,
Dean

Dimmer

Dean,
Just checking to obvious first. Do you have the VM1000 connected to a dimmer? If so, make sure it is bright. The VM display will flash sometimes on startup, then default to the dimmer setting. (i.e. dimmer on low, light goes off / dimmer on high the light stays on).

Email Reggie (Glas467) on here. He is the VM guru and will be glad to help out. He has helped me numerous times.

Dan

VM 1000 Troubleshooting

Thanks Dan for the input. I actually did check the dimmer. I have also sent an email to Reggie and am waiting for a reply.
Do you have to "reset" the unit after a battery installation? I hope it is something as simple as a dimmer switch.

Thanks,
Dean Ousley