Frankster13

What is the best way to view potential paint scheme options. As I get ready for paint on my RV-14A I would like to find a website or app that will allow me to explore various colors and designs.

I recently used Microsoft Paint to play with ideas on a project - at least to get good enough ideas to guide my eventual choice of designer/painter (John Stahr) in the direction I wanted to go. I just started with a blank three-view and started to add colors. The curve drawing tools work reasonably well.

Don’t laugh at using a primitive, non-dedicated program....I used to do my paint scheme design with colored pencils on xeroxed blank three-views.... :)

Similar approach to Paul when it came to the design for my RV-8. I used the 3-view from Vans and then used my choice of photo editor / paint programs. (in my case it was GIMP).

http://elder.ninja/blog/p/3222

It was enough for the paint shop to work with me on picking color codes and for them to mask and paint. The only thing I had to explain was the under-wing color (which is not yellow).

20120426-083943-575x431.jpg