Kato's 8

Well Known Member
This question is regarding the supply lines from brake resivoir to the low pressure end of the master cylinders. On my rv8, I used the nylon t fitting at resivoir and then the nylon type supply lines down to the masters where the connection were with a brass fitting with collar. Has been working fine for last year. While bleeding my lines on a Citabria I notice that my A&p fixed my leaking brakes with simple Black barbed T's and what looks to be vinly tubing (clear flex tube). Simple zip ties on each end of the vinyl supply line to the barb fittings. Now since this is a certified aircraft, How is this legal for starters? Second, will vinyl hold up to the brake fluid? It seems weird to me but then why wouldnt vinyl tubing work?

its not legal on a certificated aircraft, they have to be replaced with the part required in the parts manual ,or fabricated with like parts using acceptable methods. a zip tie on a brake line is NOT acceptable.

clear vinyl hose will rapidly harden when exposed to 5606. I have to replace the clear vinyl hose i use on my pressure bleeder ever year or it gets to hard to use it.

bob burns
Rv-4 N82RB

Gil, Thanks. I guess it could be a clear tygon. Im just floored that a certified a&P did this and that a separate AI signed it off during that anual inspection.