Ice Pile-It

I'm New Here
I was wondeing if anyone has any thoughts on the viability of the new Viking Aircraft Engine (from Eggenfellner, based on Honda)? Look's like a FWD kit is well underway. One or two builders have signed up and there are pictures of one mounted on a RV-12 on the Viking site.

Dont

My personal experience is such that I would say three things.

Don't
Don't
Don't

I think the RV12 is designed for the Rotax, so use the Rotax.

If you are able to use something else; you are in Canada, buy an Aerosport, finish your project and fly.

Dont waste your time and money with a highly experimental engine conversion.

I was wondeing if anyone has any thoughts on the viability of the new Viking Aircraft Engine (from Eggenfellner, based on Honda)? Look's like a FWD kit is well underway. One or two builders have signed up and there are pictures of one mounted on a RV-12 on the Viking site.

I'm watching the development of this engine for about a year now and I am waiting for the experiences of the six guys that are putting these into their RV-12s right now before drawing any conclusions.
Considering the high uncertainty that comes with this engine the price including the firewall forward kit, the prop and all is not so far away from the Van's engine kit that it would scream "BUY ME!". If it turns out to be a reliable solution that has been proven multiple times I might change my mind. For now I'm sticking with the conservative approach - while keeping an open mind.