Roy Thoma

Well Known Member
Imagine my surprise when watching a video on the home page titled "Selitz Bay Flight in RV-7". While watching I was wondering who's plane it was, then I noticed the seat heater switch on the panel in the same place as mine, then I realized it was taken from MY PLANE (technically an RV-7A, which delayed my recognition that it's taken from my plane).

Back to the home page and I saw that Spencer Rice posted the video....... I first flew Spencer as a Young Eagle in my Zodiac. We have made close to a dozen YE flights since then. He is a young teen now and I'm helping him build a CH601HD from SCRATCH. He has completed the rudder and made parts to have the "kit" to assemble the horizontal stabilizer. He started making nose ribs for the wings last week. We try to work one day a week, he spends over an hour on public transportation to get to my hangar. He has the bug!

Selitz Bay is one of my favorite destinations (and the food at The Side Door Cafe which is a short walk from the airport is GREAT).

Regards,

Funny!

That's pretty funny! I can only imagine your surprise, Roy.

PS- I love the fact that you're helping an addict! Enabling the addiction is a noble cause. :) When the -10 is done, I'm looking forward to getting others hooked.

D