Team RV will be there

Team RV is looking forward to performing there.

Since our adventure down at SUN n FUN we are looking forward to our new season opener. We will be back at full strength and ready to put on an exciting show.

We hope a lot of folks in the southeast will come down and enjoy the festival. It has a long history and is always a good time.

Drop by and say hello.

Vidalla fly in info

I've sent a few email back and forth to the local EAA chapter 1332, they will be assisting with the air show. Some of the bullet points:

"The airport is generally notam closed on Saturday and Sunday from about 12pm-4pm for the show and then will reopen (but be sure to check notam as times are subject to change). There is also a practice show on Friday afternoon and the airport will also be closed for those few hours as well!"

"There will be a ground frequency established of 123.45 once you have cleared the runway. One of our chapter members will contact you on the unicom frequency when you are in the pattern for landing! There will be a sign on the side of the runway indicating this. The aircraft parking will take place on the abandoned runway (18/36)"

We ( Columbus EAA Chapter 677) will likely have several airplanes visiting and they (Billy Regan) also sent this:

"If you could give us a call at the Vidalia Regional Airport 912-537-3979 and let the airport staff know how many planes will be in your group and what day you plan on coming over. This will allow the airport staff to block off parking for aircraft! If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to call us!"

The weather is looking good at this point, and I am planing to fly over on Sunday. Hope to see you there.
Lynn

Team RV Rocks!

Man, oh man... Team RV exceeded all of my expectations today. So many airplanes in the sky, it was pretty overwhelming. If you haven't seen these guys, I can unequivocally state that is IS worth going out of your way for!

We rolled into Vidalia at 11-ish, and parked directly behind another RV... in a group of 12 other RVs! I thought, "Wow, what a great RV turnout!" After being informed we'd parked in the Team RV area :) we moved to our proper location. Whoops! She sure looked great in that line, though.... practice, practice, practice!

Only saw 4 non-Team RV's in attendance, but a good time was had by all, I am certain. An hour and change to get home to NC, and the wife has a Vidalia onion pie well underway with today's 'haul'. This is very good.

-jon

I have to agree!

My buddy, who is a former A-6 Navy carrier pilot flew down with me, said after and during their performance, "Man, Ive never seen such close formation with that many airplanes...very impressed!"

That, and the oldest guy in the show, Gary Ward, near 70, stole the show!
That's what my buddy said and we had the privilege of speaking with Gary after his performance.

Best,