flydoc

Maybe a dumb question. Trying to decide which EFIS to go with. Does the GRT have Victor airways on the map display? Couldn't tell from the website.
Thanks
Mark

Nope....not YET anyways! I have no knowledge of what they are up to, but I suspect that the new processor that they will be using for synthetic vision while be capable of a whole lot more.

I wish the Garmin 430 had airways - I know, I know - the 480 does (did?)...

Hey Paul,
In a past life I had a C-182 with the "latest greatest" dual 430's and thought they were the best thing since sliced bread until ATC told me to join a particular airway... Now just where did I put those IFR enroute charts? :eek: It would be really nice if they would add airways to an already great system.
Mark
By the way, I truly value all of your posts and insights!

Blue Mountain Does It

I have dual Black Mountain Generation 3's (the small ones) and one of the few things I like about them is they show the airways. I'm planning to redo my panel and I'm thinking of keeping one of the Black Mountains for that reason and because it is an acceptable CDI display for the Garmin 430. They are useless for attitude indication however. (Another good thing about them is they are really really cheap to buy used! PM me if you want one!) I don't know about the current Generation 4's. Maybe someone here has one.

This is exactly why I chose the 480 as my primary nav/comm.

Yes, they are now "discontinued." That could mean some sweet deals on closeouts...

:)

Just a thought :)
If V or T routes are added to an EFIS, where do they come from? To fly IFR with something like that, I believe they would need to be current. Now you are talking a whole new bucket of worms. :confused:
ANOTHER Jeppesen subscription??????
Might be another one of those 'careful what you ask for', are you prepared to pay the price?
I believe it sure would be better to get them added to the 430W/530W. But again that would be like moving a mountain.

Just a thought :)
If V or T routes are added to an EFIS, where do they come from? To fly IFR with something like that, I believe they would need to be current. Now you are talking a whole new bucket of worms. :confused:
ANOTHER Jeppesen subscription??????
Might be another one of those 'careful what you ask for', are you prepared to pay the price?
I believe it sure would be better to get them added to the 430W/530W. But again that would be like moving a mountain.

That's a very good point, and one of the things I like about the GRT - the database is completely non-essential (even though it has more airports than the Garmin/Jepp database). All of the "legel database" stuff exists in my Garmin, so I need only one subscription.

You go ahead and Lobby Garmin/Jepp....we'll all be right behind ya'...;)

I have them in my 480...sweet box. Too bad for you guys that tried to save a buck on the 430 :D Reality is that for IFR I fly /G. While flying IFR, ATC told me to join an airway I simply said I was GPS and then he gave me a direct to. This has happened twice and have also had them tell me to intercept a VOR radial which makes no sense while flying GPS. Why bother playing with entering the entry and exit point on an airway when direct to works better and keeps the screen decluttered. The 480 is very easy to skip or add way points while on your flight plan.

Hummmmmmm

Correct me if I am wrong......Isn't the 480 discontinued..?

Airways would be nice however they all decided to use waypoints, intersections...plug them in and go.....:eek:

Hummmmm x 2

I am also L@@King for an efis. I really don't need a lot since I have a 530 and a 430 already installed. I am thinking Dynon because they have the intergrated auto pilot.....however, I like the versitility of MLG voyager (if RAINER ever releases it). Hummmmm, x 3:confused:

Hummmmmmmmmmmm X4

I am also L@@King for an efis. I really don't need a lot since I have a 530 and a 430 already installed. I am thinking Dynon because they have the intergrated auto pilot.....however, I like the versitility of MLG voyager (if RAINER ever releases it). Hummmmm, x 3:confused:
First 100 Voyagers in production. Shipments start early August. One of the first 100 is mine. :)