rreichelt

Anyone have any experience with different rubber bushings for a conical mounted Lycoming, (O320 B3B) on an RV4 I built with a Props Inc wood prop. I have the standard inexpensive solid rubber bushings that I think are doing a poor job of vibration isolation. Prop has been balanced, static and dynamically. Thanks for any ideas.

Please get the ones from Van's. They cost about $300.00 as opposed to some available that are quite a bit cheaper.

They are slightly beveled and have a particular "keying" that should be followed. Torque appropriately.

You will notice a difference. They seem to be good for about 250-300 hours if there is any loading (2-3 G's) applied to the engine/plane.

James
RV6, 500+ hours, bushings changed twice

rreichelt said:
Anyone have any experience with different rubber bushings for a conical mounted Lycoming, (O320 B3B) on an RV4 I built with a Props Inc wood prop. I have the standard inexpensive solid rubber bushings that I think are doing a poor job of vibration isolation. Prop has been balanced, static and dynamically. Thanks for any ideas.