brayski98

Well Known Member
I recently found an exhaust leak on my RV and the pipes were not in very good shape, so I decided to replace it with a system from Vetterman. I was told that I could experience 15-20 HP increase in power. I was skeptical on that portion of it. But I flew it for the first time with the new exhaust and it was climbing out 300-500 FPM higher. 2100 FPM shortly after takeoff. It was just me and about 1/2 fuel. But at 3500 feet, I saw a 10-15 MPH increase in indicated airspeed over what I used to see. Definite increase. I am sold. Thanks Vetterman.

What style (4 into 2 or 4 into 1) and manufacturer was the original exhaust? Did you buy the Vetterman 4 into 1 or 4 into 2, and what model airplane do you have?

Vetterman

Sorry I should have included more information. I have an RV-6A with an O-320 and a C/S prop. I'm not sure what the original exhaust was, but it did not cross over. I bought the 4 into 2 exhaust. It wasn't quite just bolt on, but it wasn't bad to put on either. But flying yesterday I was indicating 175 MPH at 3500 feet with just 23 squared, so I wasn't going full throttle. I want to take it up to 6500 feet and do a speed test.