danielabernath

Well Known Member
11391303_1154540447905987_5641832985451900959_n.jpg

It is good but without a hammer it is hopelessly incomplete. Actually, I recommend hammers of increasing sizes so that molecular excitation can be applied at increasing amplitudes. If molecular excitation fixes the problem, you're good to go, but if it breaks something no problem, because then you know what to replace!

The only problem I have with that is that WD40 is not a lubricant. It actually attracts dirt and will make things worse.

My wife brought home a can of that stuff a few years back, thinking I could use it. It sits on the back of my shelf, behind my LPS1, 2 & 3.

The only problem I have with that is that WD40 is not a lubricant. It actually attracts dirt and will make things worse.
See, there you go with that long term thinking. As long as it fixes the squeak or sticking thing right now, what else matters? :rolleyes:

It is good but without a hammer it is hopelessly incomplete. Actually, I recommend hammers of increasing sizes so that molecular excitation can be applied at increasing amplitudes. If molecular excitation fixes the problem, you're good to go, but if it breaks something no problem, because then you know what to replace!

Replacing the now-broken part is a separate squawk. You need to first sign off on the original squawk being resolved in some manner.

THANK YOU!

My wife brought home a can of that stuff a few years back, thinking I could use it. It sits on the back of my shelf, behind my LPS1, 2 & 3.

I have such a problem with people using WD40 as a lubricant. One of my "pet peeves".

W D stands for water displacement. I always thought that oil and water didn't mix. Therfore there may be some lube properties to WD40. Just a guess.

I use WD40 a lot on my jet ski. works great for getting water out of the electrical plugs. (which is exactly what it was designed for)

bob burns
N82RB RV-4

It is true that WD-40 is not a good lubricant. The oil in WD is light mineral oil, which does not possess very good lubricating properties, but it works for basic stuff such as squeaky door hinges. The main ingredient in WD is stoddard solvent which makes it great for cleaning and protecting things. I buy WD by the gallon and put it in spray bottles and use it to clean aircraft engines, dirt bikes, wheel wells of my truck...and everything else. Just spray it on and wipe the excess and the gunk and grime off with a cloth or blue paper towels.