JonJay

Well Known Member
I have not had the time to post this, but about a month ago I went to Van's to pick up my 3B QB wing. I could barely drive around back to the loading area. A Partain trailer was being meticulously loaded, several other trucks being packed, pallets everywhere outside the loading area, and bodies running all over the place busily packing up things. I squeezed my little trailer between the UPS truck (not a Van), and managed to get my wing loaded with the helpful assistance of the workers. Of course I drew the attention of my friends at Van's who where mostly too busy to do much but say "high and good to see you".
Van flew in with the 9 demo and was talking with 3 or 4 "suits", an unusal site at Van's, the suits that is, and no, he was dressed his usual casual self. Ken S was giving a demo ride in the 12, Joe B same in a 9, and Scott M was taking the 7 somewhere. Several people where on a tour and the shop looked full of gaukers.
I only stop by a few times a year, but I have never seen the place so busy and full of work. It is quite a contrast from my first visit to their humble beginning in North Plains.
It is nice to see a good company with a good product do so well. Three cheers for Van's.

and made in the USA!

The economy struggles and people go build airplanes. Go figure. Seriously, when you think of the wide assortment of small cottage-industry companies have sprung up supporting and supplementing Van's kits, its truly amazing.

The economy struggles and people go build airplanes. Go figure. Seriously, when you think of the wide assortment of small cottage-industry companies have sprung up supporting and supplementing Van's kits, its truly amazing.

And we shall continue to struggle...............until people buy MORE! :D

L.Adamson

Polar opposite - two weeks ago

Went up to look at Robin's RV10 kit and stopped by the factory for the morning tour first. I was the only one there - and had the tour to myself.
Then Ken took me out in the RV10 for the demo ride - and that ended any qualms I might have had about the plane.

All in all - a great day!

And yes - I bought Robin's RV10 kit. :)

Bill

Yup, my business is soaring as well, transmission repair. Gas is going down, and the dollar is getting stronger. In fact, I'm getting ready to buy a 912uls for the kitfox. Price in october was 18194. November price is now 17648. Are we in an economic slump, humm... doing just fine for me.

Yup, my business is soaring as well, transmission repair. Gas is going down, and the dollar is getting stronger. In fact, I'm getting ready to buy a 912uls for the kitfox. Price in october was 18194. November price is now 17648. Are we in an economic slump, humm... doing just fine for me.

Steve, You should think about the Rotec radial for the Kitfox. I flew my friend's a couple of weeks ago and it is way cool. Runs like a sewing machine sounds like a 350 Chevy. 110 hp and cruise about 90kts. The firewall forward package with engine mount and a laminated wood three blade prop is a lot cheaper than a 912. Don

Jonjay, I would love fly your Jungman sometime.

cruise at 90 kts. sounds slow to me. with the 912ul I was doing about 103kts. the rotax has been a very good engine and is proven.

I will say that in June, I was very impressed with the fact that Vans was very busy, they had little time to spend with me. I did go in the main building, bathroom thing, and found people just running everywhere, like little beavers. I was very impressed. Must have been why I went for the model 7 kit in the first place, very popular and so many that were flying, not just the 7, but all models of the RV. I figure if you want the best of something, go with what is popular. That way if you want help with building, it's there, if you want add ons, yep they WILL be there.