Closterman

I plan put the EFII Electronic ignition, and from the EFII website, he recommend to use his Bus Manager to protect the electric circuit. But, I also plan to use the Vertical Power VP-x and I want to know if the VP-x do the same job ?? In other word, do I need the Bus Manager if I use the VP-x ??.. :confused:

Buss manager

I asked this same question of VPx and Robert At EFII a while back. From my correspondence, each product has a different purpose. VPx inferred their product was best suited for purposes other than the ignition emergency buss. The EFII is specifically suited as a triple redundant emergency buss that will additionally monitor your fuel pressure and turn on the backup fuel pump if necessary. Both manufacturers indicated the systems could work together if you wanted the advantages of each.

2 is in

Well said Marvin - thank you!

The EFII Bus Manager is capable of providing a Main Bus for non-critical systems as well as an Essential Bus for critical systems.
If you want to use Klixon breakers to split out power to your non-essential aircraft systems, the Bus Manager is all you need.

If you want the function of the VPX electronic breakers, you can use both boxes together.
We have many customers who use the VPX to provide the Main Bus function and use the Bus Manager to provide the Essential Bus function.
In this case, the Bus Manager and the VPX work as two separate systems operating alongside each other.

The VPX device does not provide a protected Essential Bus. Therefore some other provision (such as the Bus Manager) should be used to protect the 12 volt supply to any flight critical systems.
Robert

Last edited:
This is somewhat timely for me.....

Other than Aircraft-spruce, where can the "Bus Manager" (and accessory kit) be purchased?

This is somewhat timely for me.....

Other than Aircraft-spruce, where can the "Bus Manager" (and accessory kit) be purchased?

It is listed at Www.flyefii.com. Top right corner will have a tab for "additional components". Not sure why it is the only component on that page with no price? You may try sending an email to the info section listed on the home page.

Last edited: