VP 50

Hi Rob,

I had looked long and hard at the VP 200 but just couldn't figure out how to stuff it in an RV 8 Panel. The VP 50 looks like a much more viable option, space-wise.

The specs list quite a number of potential inputs for circuit protection. There are only six switches on the front. Is the idea that you would use additional external switches for other functions or is there some sort of multifunction option for the switches?

Regards,

Michael Wynn
RV 8 Fuselage

Hi Rob,

I had looked long and hard at the VP 200 but just couldn't figure out how to stuff it in an RV 8 Panel. The VP 50 looks like a much more viable option, space-wise.

The specs list quite a number of potential inputs for circuit protection. There are only six switches on the front. Is the idea that you would use additional external switches for other functions or is there some sort of multifunction option for the switches?

Regards,

Michael Wynn
RV 8 Fuselage

Hi Michael,

I installed a VP-100 in my wifes RV-4 and it works great. The switches on the front are totally programmable. You can put one or more functions on any of the switches. For example, you can use one switch as a main bus, another as an aux bus, or one switch for nav lights and strobes. As long as you dont exceed the max amps for that circuit, you can group the loads in a way that works for your aircraft.