DragonflyAero

Well Known Member
Vertical Power user near Greensboro, NC: Problem Solved!

I am having problems getting my VPX Sport to connect with my PC to configure it. I have been through the troubleshooting tips and have been going back and forth with Chad to try other things. I wondered if there are any VPX owners in or near Greensboro, NC that have successfully configured their VPX on their computer. If so I was hoping I could try connecting that computer to my unit to determine if I have a computer problem or a problem with the unit.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I have a VPX pro in my 7 project. Avionics are in progress, but I haven't connected the VPX to the PC yet. I could. What are the symptoms of your problem? I'm at 8A7.

I powered my VPX Pro up last week and experienced the same thing.
Feel free to contact me off line for my solution.
Tom Greene
704 213 9610
Spencer NC

I had a problem at first connecting with the VPX sport.
I noticed that if the cable at the computer end does not "light-up" then I was not connected. So I had to "wiggle" the cord at the computer end and found it would "light-up"and was connected. i just remembered I also tried to swap ends.

I know all this sounds crazy, but that was my experience.
I cannot believe that another person would have the same connect problem.

Dave

Update on VPX configurator: Success!

I retrieved a Netbook computer from our lake house today and was able to connect to my VPX- Sport with it. So I was able to load the configuration created in their Planner. I am miffed at why it would not connect to either desktop PC at the house but the Netbook will end up being more convenient once I mount the unit in the airplane.

Thanks for the offers of help!!