Rhino889

Well Known Member
Very early initial brake line routing.

I've used the search function too...

Can anyone tell me if there is an issue with going vertical instead of "T"ing off horizontal?

Just doing it for looks, but I don't want to run them vertical to only find later they interfere with something else?

2c0f5f9d.jpg

Thanks,

Scott

my only "thought" is to see where you're high point(s) will be relative to your reservoir. Any tubing higher than your reservoir will hold air until you purge the system. The more tubing above the reservoir, the messier the purge may be. You'll need to purge fast enough so the air is pushed out and does not have time to flow back to a high spot.

Just review the path from the brake caliper all the way to the reservoir (since that is the direction of flow when you do your purge).

(Just had to replace a fitting on my brake caliper during the condition inspection so I'm familiar with the bleeding process :) )

Last edited:
Good luck!

Once purged, I don't think you'll se any difference. BTW, in re-reading my "thought" I realized the bubbles will propagate to any point(s) the are higher than a point further along the path from caliper to reservoir - not just the highest.

Brake Lines

The only other issue to think about is if you ever have to work on the brake lines they are going to be behind all your panel wiring...

The only other issue to think about is if you ever have to work on the brake lines they are going to be behind all your panel wiring...

Many people use the cross brace you're hiding the lines behind for fasteners holding clamps for wiring or avionics boxes. You'll need to be careful about the lengths of those fasteners.

Many people use the cross brace you're hiding the lines behind for fasteners holding clamps for wiring or avionics boxes. You'll need to be careful about the lengths of those fasteners.

Good heads up.

I think I'll only go half way up then T off with clamps as support. This should leave the cross brace open, have the lines low enough for possible service and still keep the lines out of sight from cockpit. (Run-on sentence)