airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I need to get a vernatherm for my IO360, any recommendations on a good source?

Hi Greg, I have a NOS one in the Lycoming box on the shelf in my shop...P/N 53E19600.

I would be happy with $180 for it ($100 off Chief or Superior price) plus $5 for shipping.

If you are unhappy with it when you receive it, return it unused and I'll refund your money minus shipping...

Hi Greg, I have a NOS one in the Lycoming box on the shelf in my shop...P/N 53E19600.

I would be happy with $180 for it ($100 off Chief or Superior price) plus $5 for shipping.

If you are unhappy with it when you receive it, return it unused and I'll refund your money minus shipping...

That's the older model number, I was hoping to find one of the newer version that replaced it, 53E22144.

Last edited:
I have one from my ECI O-360 that is about 6 years old since new. I had it in my engine for a short time and removed it. Not sure the part #. I'll see if I can get a part # tomorrow or take a pic. I removed it because it wasn't seating fully in the 90 degree adapter on my RV8 (fault of the adapter, not the vernatherm seat).

VERNATHERM

I can sell the new superior for 210.00 delivered or the ECi for 200.00 delivered. I may have a low time Lycoming with the new part number if you wanted to go with a used one.

Jesse

I'm curious... not to sidetrack from the thread... but what's the difference between the older model # and the newer one?

I'm curious... not to sidetrack from the thread... but what's the difference between the older model # and the newer one?

IIRC, there was an AD mandating that it be replaced but it may have just been an inspection for the nut that is on the end. The nut on end inside is what changed.

I did a little research and Gary is right...there was a problem with the early p/n in that the lock nut which is staked to the shaft could come loose.

The new p/n has the same construction with the addition of a roll pin thru the nut and shaft to prevent the nut from coming loose.

Therefore, I'm lowering my price to $100 and the buyer can drill, install a small roll pin and save some $$.

I did a little research and Gary is right...there was a problem with the early p/n in that the lock nut which is staked to the shaft could come loose.

The new p/n has the same construction with the addition of a roll pin thru the nut and shaft to prevent the nut from coming loose.

Therefore, I'm lowering my price to $100 and the buyer can drill, install a small roll pin and save some $$.

Now we've got a workable plan! :D

I'll take it...

Send me your address via email and I'll ship the unit and my address to you...

My email: deene (at) austin.rr.com