I think this topic received some attention not too long ago, you may want to try a search of the archive...I recall that some people used it in their larger more expensive areas like skins with good results.

Primer

I used Nason Urethane on my RV-6 and I'. very happy with it. Nason is just a more automotive line of Dupont paints. THey have Chroma One or Chroma Base/Clear which is high dollar paint. It is better but not much and the price is a lot more than Nason. Any two part self etching primer is better than rattle can. I used 3M's DTM Direct to Metal epoxy primer under all my top coat paint and it was nice but very deadly stuff. Nason products are good, there not the best but the price reflects that.

Primer

I used Nason Urethane on my RV-6 and I'm very happy with it. Nason is just a more "automotive" line (autobody) of Dupont's paints. They have Chroma One or Chroma Base/Clear which is high dollar paint. It is better but not much and the price is a lot more than Nason. Any two part self etching primer is better than rattle can so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I used 3M's DTM (Direct to Metal) epoxy primer under all my top coat paint and it was nice but very deadly stuff. Nason products are good, there not the best but the price reflects that.