prkaye

Well Known Member
on the bottom left corner of DWG 36A (view C-C) it shows how to make the vent opening by cutting an AN832 union at 45 degrees and then gluing some screen to it. Is there a pre-made product for this that might be a little nicer? Couldn't find anything at Vans web store.

I know of none

I know of no source for a compatible ready made screen but I have no screen on my vents. My drawings didn't call for vent screens (1996 vintage RV-6A).

Bob Axsom

...Is there a pre-made product for this that might be a little nicer? ...
I just safety wired a bit of screen door screen over the opening. I guess it doesn't look that great, but not many people look down there.

Screen

I rolled a tiny piece of aluminum screen door screen up and inserted it into the opening. Natural tension holds it in place.

Don't use too much material so as to partially stop up the line so that you don't have full fuel flow at 100% sea level power.

Fuel vents

For the actual fuel vents, I took the bulkhead connector and cut it 45deg like the plans show. Afterwards, I found out that Brett from Bonaco has some pre-made. I don't know how many he has left, but it might be worth calling him.

For the screens, I went to a local smoke shop and got some crack-pipe (I mean pipe) screens for a buck and epoxied them on.

Just around the time for me to make these, Torque the Wonder Dog ran straight through my screen door. The funny thing was it didn't even slow him down. :rolleyes:

Some of that screening is prosealed to my vents and looks just fine.

Another two pieces are keeping bugs out of the NACA vents.

Phil,
I turned down an a 90 degree AN833 (a straight AN832 will also work). After turning I machined two flats so I could put a a wrench on it. I have made these for other builders. It gets rid of some bulk and looks a little cleaner than the hack saw version. I have not glued the screen on yet.
picture113ta0.jpg

picture114ls7.jpg

Aaron