trib

Well Known Member
For those of you installing the floor carpet and insulation, where did you get the velcro you used for securing them? Is it some premium special order material or did you just get the self adhesive stuff from Walmart or Home Depot? I'm guessing its going to take 40-50 feet of the stuff and would like to avoid something that peels off as fast as I can put it down.j

I appreciate your help:)

Try Allied Eelctronics

At work we used 3M adhesive backed hook and loop tape on a project for a customer. I hadsome left over and attached my seat cushions to my RV-4 with it. So far so good.

You can obtain it from a number of sources but we used Allied Electronics.

http://www.alliedelec.com

Enter part number SJ-3526BLK100 for the Hook and SJ-3527BLK100 for the loop. They sell it in 50 yard rolls which would probably do an entire squadron. Runa about 75cents a foot for each one I recall.

You might be able to buy it in less than 50 yard rolls. An internet search for that 3M PN will yeild numerous resellers on the internet.

I'm not sure what Home Depot sells but this is a good industrial grade of stuff. I'm alos not sure if 3M or Velcro (the other manufacturerof the stuff) sell a grade that won't put out toxic fumes when burned or not.

Good luck....

VR

Richard

Fabric store

I was able to find all kinds of velcro at the local fabric store. They had it from 1/2" to 4" wide, in normal and "industrial" grade loops. They also had the spray adhesive I used when covering some additional interior panels.

Velcro

I bought it on a long roll and bought the glue to go with it to attach my interior side panels. I got it in the aviation isle at JoAnn's Fabric while on a covert quilting mission with my wife.