Ron B.

Well Known Member
My friend's 701 has the VDO sending units installed in his tanks and when we powered it up the gauges show 1/4 full with empty tanks. I'm quite sure there is no other adjustment other than removing the sending unit and properly adjusting the float arm? Any insite would be appreciated.
Ron

Vdo

Fuel gauges are nothing more than an Ohm meter . The float should not touch the tank in the full or empty state . You can check the range when you install it using an Ohm meter .
Tom

Problem is a newbie installed the sending unit and now the tank is inaccessable without drilling rivets.
If my original assumption is correct we have no choice but drill the root fairing and remove the sending unit and correctly adjust the float arm travel.
Showing 1/4 tank while empty is unacceptable.

Fuel gauge

Before you do that let me talk to a good friend that developed a Ohm converter to use fuel gauges with senders that are not compatible Ohm ranges .
Tom.

He owns Omega Custom , a Hot Rod gauge company.

Vdo

I spoke with Scott Vetter from Omega Kustom , his programable Ohm / fuel gauge gizmo will work to fix this problem . Call him during the week (Fla.)
386-212-1611.
Tom