alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
I ordered Van's FWF kit less the actual wiring harness. Included with what I did get, was the 60A alternator. The absolute only instructions or drawings that came with it is the "60 AMP ALT INSTALL" drawing that then refers to some wiring size numbers and directions, but gives absolutely no indication of what size fuses or breakers to use for for the battery voltage or main buss wires. Presumably that information is located on some other drawing or set of instructions.

Does the wiring harness include any other drawings or instructions at all? If so, are they small enough that someone could scan and send to me at my email address ([email protected])?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If I recall, that is all that comes with it. The standard dwg shows the internally regulated 35A alternator which wires up differently.
Protect you main with 60A or less, protect the Alt. Field with 5A or 7A breaker and you are done.
There is some speculation that the NippoDenso internally regulated Alt. does not like to have the field switched on and off after start up. I used a Cessna Split Master Switch but I always turn on both the Bat and Alt. Field switches before start up. The Alt. Field switch is there in case I need to shut down the field in an "emergency".

Wiring diagram

Steve,

I sent you an e-mail with some pictures I hope will help. The wiring diagrams come with the wiring harness kits. They are drawings OP-10 and OP-11.