miyu1975

Well Known Member
Would someone who purchased the Vans wire kit mind copying and mailing me a copy of the basic wire instructions. I plan to order all my wiring kit things from stein and was thinking it may be nice to have those plans from vans to start with. I do have the Nuckolls book, but haven't made it past "how batteries work" section yet.

Man, that was weird...thought I was reading my own post there for a second :D;)

Joe

PS...still looking for a copy.

If anyone has a copy they could Email to me, that would be great. ( OP electrical drawings ) please PM me for my Email address.

Van's drawings

Forgive me if I am wrong, but aren't those drawings propretary? I know Van's will sell you either 11" x 17" or 2' x 3' versions of any of these....:confused:

I agree... if Vans sells the drawings by themselves, I don't think it's right to reproduce these in violation of copyright. If someone is finished with their own originals and wants to pass them along to others, I don't see any problem with that, but unauthorized reproduction of them is basically stealing from Vans.

I agree... if Vans sells the drawings by themselves, I don't think it's right to reproduce these in violation of copyright. If someone is finished with their own originals and wants to pass them along to others, I don't see any problem with that, but unauthorized reproduction of them is basically stealing from Vans.

I agree also, however they are the same as whats in the pre-view plans. I was just after a digital one so I could read it on my laptop at work. Doesnt matter now anyway, I will just scan it myslef.

I have been told that that section 5-17 - 5-20 in the preview book is the same as what comes with the wire kit. So I guess I have already paid for the copyrighted materials and did not know it. Now I just need to figure out how to interpret them...thanks all for responding.

Follow the plans

I kept my plane (and wiring) simple and everything worked as advertised. The only glitch I had was I had to reverse the leads on the ammeter as on first power-up the needle deflected the wrong direction. Easy fix and I didn't have to lengthen or shorten either wire. You should be so lucky!