Never Works for me.

This never works for me.

Some people say that they get an email confirmation if they put in their email address on the order. I have done this each time and have never received an email confirmation on any order.

I hate to waste the office staff's time because this just adds to price increases, but if you really need a tracking number call them, they will give you one.

I ordered my preview plans 10-23, received an email confirmation of shipping yesterday.

I have never had the tracking work either when I enter an order on the web.

There are a couple of things I have learned about ordering from Van's:

1. Van's web ordering system is archaic. It is not in real time. They download the orders once a day at about 1pm for the previous day's orders. So if you order on Monday, they download the order on Tuesday and will probably not get to it until Wednseday at the earliest. I gave up on web ordering a long time ago due to the delay in processing.

2. They give priority to orders that have some kind of expedited shipping requested such as next day, 2 day or 3 day. Orders with expedited shipping usually get shipped the same day they get the order. Orders without expedited shipping may not ship for a couple of days.

3. It is best to place an order by phone. If you call them before about 11am their time, they can usually get the order out that day, especially if you asked for faster shipping.

4. I usually use FedEx 3 day shipping. It is more expensive than ground, but a lot less than next day. When I do this I almost always get an email with the tracking info before the end of the day I placed the order.

5. I should buy stock in FedEx :)

Builder #

I accidentally gave them the wrong Bldr no. Once. 10 days later I finally called. Builder 82404 got my stuff and was probably wondering what was going on.

Make sure you give them the correct Bldr # and that they read your name from the Bldr reference correctly.

Thanks, folks. I got my package not long after I posted this. I looked it up on the Fedex site to see what reference Van's had put in, but I couldn't find any mention of it. Oh well, maybe I'll call them next time and ask if and how the tracking works.

Wishes,
Boris

Just got an order ship confirmation from 'QuantumView'. I had my order sent UPS 3-day. That username is the one UPS uses. It came with a tracking number.