DHeal

Well Known Member
Patron
FYI -- Van's has four very nice "How To" videos on the Van's Aircraft website concerning the installation/fiberglassing of the canopy on the RV-14. Look for the videos under the "RV-14" section. While not exactly the same design concept as on the RV-12, these RV-14-focused videos offer some excellent guidance that is applicable to the RV-12 canopy as well.

www.vansaircraft.com/public/service-rv14.htm

Must watch

Thanks
I just watched all the videos (Excellent )
I learned a lot from them ( Must watch )
I would have saved a lot of sanding

Thanks Again

Joe Dallas

FYI -- Van's has four very nice "How To" videos on the Van's Aircraft website concerning the installation/fiberglassing of the canopy on the RV-14. Look for the videos under the "RV-14" section. While not exactly the same design concept as on the RV-12, these RV-14-focused videos offer some excellent guidance that is applicable to the RV-12 canopy as well.

www.vansaircraft.com/public/service-rv14.htm

Timely Post

Outstanding...I have just started install and am still at the head scratching phase. Will have to watch these today��

Thanks a Mil!!!

Great Post

David - thank you for posting this information. Thanks also to Van's for producing the short how to videos. Very nice.:cool:

Watching that video, it struck me. The canopy would be a real pain to change the acrylic.

Do you have to destroy the work in order to change the acrylic? The RV12 I rent has a few significant scratches in the acrylic directly in the passengers line of sight.

If I recall the build correctly, I think that I would just start the canopy from square one!! It would be much easier the second time.

Tom