ossie

I'm New Here
Hi there,

New RV8 building here, and been lurking around this site for a little while now. Some good info on here....:cool:

Just a question to you guys about the time it takes Van's support to answer a building question. Did send them an email nearly a week ago, but no reply as yet. Is that normal ??.

Cheers
Os

Not really. I don't think I've ever had to wait more than 24 hours for some kind of response by email. Then again, I only email when I can wait a day or two for an answer; most of the time I pick up the phone. If you haven't heard in a couple of days, you should be calling. I don't think I've ever had to wait more than 24 hours for some kind of response by email.

I'd listen to rvbuilder2002......SPAM filters, especially with international email.

I certainly sympathize with the folks overseas not being able to rationally use the phone - I don't think I'd want to get up at 0300 to call the factory....

Try again

I contacted them via e-mail many times until now and always received a reply from Gus or Scott in less than 24 hours (great guys!!) execpt in a couple of occasions. I discovered later a temporarily banned IP of my provider by some aggressive spam blocker. International e-mails often occurs in this kind of problem (don't know why).

Try again, your e-mail (or their reply) probably get lost in the cyberspace.

Thanks for the replies.

Spam filter shouldn't have been a problem but will check, and resend my email.

Many thanks
Os

Os,

I have always had great response from the support team. One time even Van responded to my raving.

I don't recognize your name. If you are anywhere near the 'shire' send me a private message so we can make contact.

Doug Gray
RV-6 flying and still grinning.
http://bypass.dyndns-free.com

I've contacted Van's twice by email. First time I used my gmail account and found the reply in the Spam folder. Second time I used my work email and never saw a response (assuming it also was tagged as spam, but no way to check).

Stopping false spam filtering

Ken,
Be sure to include Vans email address to your email address book. Generally, any email address that is listed in your address book is "assumed" to be a wanted correspondence by most spam filters.
It will also help at Vans end if you include your builder number anytime you correspond or call them.
Charlie

Need to call

Unless the question is quick, it will be much faster and easier for them to say the answer to you rather than type it out. Also, you probably could ask the question here and get a decent answer! I know about the timezone issues, but you gotta deal with it. :D

If it's quick and easy we just call...
Given the drawing number and builder number, they many times seem to have the answer before we finish the question :confused: The support team must have good notes or are telepathic ;)

Many times we'd get email answer the same day if it's sent in the am....

I'd go with the spam answer too....

Call them

I usually call unless a photo is required to explain my problem. One thing they've asked me NOT to do is to both call and email them with the same question. They've always been very helpful...

Last edited:
e-mail from Oz

Never had a problem with the replies. The only time it has not taken less than 24 hrs is if I send the e-mail late Friday or Sat, then, due to the weekend I don't get a reply till very late Mon night or Tues morning.

Every response has been very good to excellent. I often send pictures etc to help explain the problem as well as sometimes a long winded explanation. I usually "talk" to Gus and he has always given straight and clear answers, as well as often sending a scan of plans or even the location of some part I need, and kept missing in the catalogue.

If you are having problems with contacting them you will need to stay up late one evening and give them a call. They may even have an answer why the e-mails are not going through.

Cheers Mate

Jim

Just an update to my original post...

Seems there was an issue with emails..!!
Anyway, Joe replied with an answer to my question.

Thanks very much Joe.

@ Doug...sent you a pm.

Cheers
Os