Kato's 8

Well Known Member
Good morning!

I'm hoping there is someone out there who has NOT installed a Dynon heated pitot but instead used the supplied aluminum cheapo as I am. My question is, Where is a good place to change from the aluminum tube to a vinyl one? I'm prearing for wing fitting and the plans only say to drill a hole in the fuse skin for the pitot. I have the aluminum tube coming out of wing and not sure if I should bend it to line up between the spar and the aileron push tube hole or cut it off short and attach a flexable line. I couldnt find any posts on this. I'd like to have an idea of where best to run the line once thru the fuse skin too.
Thanks in advance for any input..

Bill

sometimes the answere is so simple that you feal silly having asked it in the first place. Thanks Guy, I plan to do the same.

Oh, did you use a fitting to attach or just slide the vinyl on and clamp?

Pitot Line

I am at the same point. I was thinking I would install an aluminum line in the wing and terminate with a bulkhead fitting in the inner rib. Any reason this won't work?

that would be a good way to go but already used the aluminum tube all the way thru wing. The things you learn as you go! oh well..Maybe next time?

One of the reasons to use the aluminum tube to the wing root is that it should last as long as the wing structure. Since it is in a pretty much closed-up area, never having to worry about the life of Nylon (or whatever) tubing is a big plus a couple of decades from now. Any tubing will work, of course, but from a design standpoint, that's why is is generally aluminum.

sometimes the answere is so simple that you feal silly having asked it in the first place. Thanks Guy, I plan to do the same.

Oh, did you use a fitting to attach or just slide the vinyl on and clamp?

I slid the vinyl over the aluminum and added a hoseclamp (that was probably unnecessary).