cnpeters

Well Known Member
I am debating a console between the seats - if so, I will need an extension rod from the Van's fuel valve to the higher sitting selector knob. I know Andair makes one and have seen folks use it in consoles, but what about the Van's valve if I go that route? I suppose another option would be to mount the valve up higher at the console top and just make longer fuel lines that go to the boost pump (FI) and wing tanks. Has anyone done that (couldn't find in the archives)?

Anyone?
Eeek, can't have my first unanswered thread! So I'll just talk to myself:
Carl - Yeah not sure if they make an extension rod for Van's valve like they do at Andair. I think I would just mount it higher and use a little longer fuel lines from the tanks and to the boost pump. Carl.
Great, thanks Carl.
Carl.

Poor Guy

At least when you talk to yourself, you get an answer that you might like.

My vote - Longer fuel lines. Probably easier to get to the valve later on if you need to.

My intention is to use an extension - I think that will make it easier to remove the console if I ever have to do so to crawl under the dash.

Extension

I have a center console and used the Vans fuel valve. Made an extension from two universal joints and spring pins purchased from McMaster Carr and steel rod from the aviation isle at Home Depot. It was very easy to do and very solid. The valve is the flimsy part of the set-up but works fine as there is a lot of play in the valve. If the Andair was not so expensive I would have used that.

Sorry that this is one thing I did not take pictures of but it was a pretty easy thing to do.