My friend's Lancair Propjet has the Dynon and AFS AOA and you hear an audible "Angle! Push! Push!" from the annunciator.

I wouldn't build one without it (stall warning horn). Very simple and reliable. I hear the old argument every time but look how many RV's stall/spin in the pattern.

Last edited:
Stall Warning

I added my AFS AOA after I was flying for a year. The "Angle, Angle, Push " warning saved my bacon doing 110 IAS base to final and a high bank angle.
I won't fly with out it now......

Delayed tone

This past weekend I was doing some practices stalls in the RV7 I bought that has the Van's stall warning attached, and I found that the tone didn't come on until after the shaking/break had started. I'm planning to install an AFS AOA on the glareshield anyway, but was pretty surprised to find the tone didn't really help. I would rather have a clean leading edge without the shirt catcher.

This past weekend I was doing some practices stalls in the RV7 I bought that has the Van's stall warning attached, and I found that the tone didn't come on until after the shaking/break had started. I'm planning to install an AFS AOA on the glareshield anyway, but was pretty surprised to find the tone didn't really help. I would rather have a clean leading edge without the shirt catcher.

All you have to do is adjust that tab or bend it up to change the AOA that the warning happens. Through trial and error you can get it adjusted with however much margin you would like. Very simple.