JimWoo50

Well Known Member
I'm thinking of using this and would appreciate some photos or information on existing installations so I can get a idea as to what I can fit underneath of it. Thanks.

2 place for a 6.

They sell a couple of those; to which are you referring?

I bought the Airtech kit for my -6A project; using the CreativeAir combo nav/landing light kit along with a Nova strobe kit. It all fits, but only just. This kit is the one they advertise as the larger of the two.

Installation was pretty straight forward. I can dig up pix if you're interested.

Van's simple wingtip lens kit

I just ordered a set from Van's for my RV-4; they should be here in a few days. When I get them, I'll take a few pics and post them. I'll be sure to put a ruler in the photo so that you get a sense of size. From everything I've heard, they are pretty small; hopefully they will be large enough to enclose the 2" MR-16 lamps that I will be using for landing lights.

thanks Wes.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your pics. I ordered them last week but have not received them yet as other items in my order were not immediately available. I'm only going to try and fit a grimes nav lite receptacle under there.

Pics of Simple Wingtip Lens kit

My Simple Wingtip Lens Kit arrived today from Van's. Below are some pics. I threw in the ruler for scale. They are approx 6" long, 4" wide, and 4.5" tall on the inboard side. Hope these help.

9098pj.jpg

21mfcbc.jpg

2n9i2qr.jpg