lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
As Italian DAR, I put together six new friends (builders and Chapter members) to explain the base skills for the metal building (absolutely Van's RV kit oriented). A free course, beverage included !

I used, as guide, the beautiful Van's Manual - Section 5 that you can download for free from the mothership website; it's a real powerful tool. Couple of frozen images from the RV-14 video presentation helped me to explain the wings building concept and the standard RV fuel system.

I wanted a limited number of students (more effectiveness) so we spend a full day, always too short, showing the tips, tools and tricks ;)

There were Enrico and Maurizio that bought an old flying RV-4 from Holland (built in USA, 2001 #1504); they are working in a deep inspection with two tanks leaking to be rebuilt. Renzo has just bought an RV-14A kit. Walter bought a flying RV-7 and want to learn more about. Roberto is now installing a brand new italian custom engine in a missed northern Europe RV-3 kit. Another Roberto want to order an RV-7.

It was a great experience and the power of homebuilding aircraft spirit was in the air :)

Next time I'll do the same but with the Electrical System secrets. Stay tuned.

Here some pictures

single1.jpg

The workbench is a modified Finishing Kit crate.

group2.jpg

group1.jpg

techfuel.jpg

techwing.jpg

put your hands on !

group3.jpg

Last edited:
That is really cool Luca! Especially because it is one of the rare EAA chapter activities in Europe (especially compared to the USA). I am considering to start a chapter in Belgium to bring together the knowledge and friendship over here. Nice to see that others are thinking the same.

That is really cool Luca! Especially because it is one of the rare EAA chapter activities in Europe (especially compared to the USA). I am considering to start a chapter in Belgium to bring together the knowledge and friendship over here. Nice to see that others are thinking the same.

Wim, Good initiative, you can count me in.