Staunch111

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Does anyone have the address /location for the QB factory in Thailand?
If one wanted to visit, would permission need to be sought from HO?

Cheers!

What? You mean the QBs are made in Thailand? Ahh the irony when considering the "made in the USA" mantra that is site is more or less soaked in :) Just saying.

I might add that they're assembled by folks who have been riveting since back in the days of doing sheet metal repairs on Vietnam War battle damaged fighters. ...or so I was told. Pretty sure that's accurate.

I might add that they're assembled by folks who have been riveting since back in the days of doing sheet metal repairs on Vietnam War battle damaged fighters. ...or so I was told. Pretty sure that's accurate.

In the beginning...
When the QB program first started a little over 20 years ago, a lot of the builders were workers that had been furloughed when Clark Air base closed. That was still the case when I was there in 1998 for a short term assignment to help them get up to speed on the RV-8(A) QB builds.

Considering the amount of time that has now passed, I am not sure that is any longer the case, but the origins of the training newer employees have received surely go back to that time.

What? You mean the QBs are made in [another country]? Ahh the irony when considering the "made in the USA" mantra that is site is more or less soaked in :) Just saying.

If it makes you feel any better, the Philippines was a U.S. territory for nearly 50 years, and heavily defended by the USA during WW-II. :) :)

Last edited:
Outstanding work.

....and when we picked up our QB-6A almost 10 years ago, we marveled at the exceptional workmanship!

Best,

QB details

QB factory is owned by An American named Bill. He has a home here in central Florida and his hanger is next to mine. His assembly factory is in the Philippines and is a few hundred miles north of where hurricane went through a couple months ago. He is in the Philippines now and plans to be back in time for sun and fun. You would need to talk to him if you wanted to visit QB assembly factory as he owns it not the HO. RVbuilder is correct in that a lot of the rivet bangers are newer guys but I believe a few of the old timers are still there banging away.

. QUOTE=pierre smith;856287]....and when we picked up our QB-6A almost 10 years ago, we marveled at the exceptional workmanship!

Best,[/QUOTE]