LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Last year I tossed a bunch of late-season money at Van's becuase "their prices were going up." In the past it's been something like 3%. Last year I think the fuselage went up 50-bucks.

this year they've announced, again, "the prices are going up" according to an article on Doug's front page...and even announced they'll freeze the price with a 25% deposit.

What I'm looking for is how MUCh they're going up? Anybody heard?

Bob--no answer to your specific question. However, while Van's overall prices last year went up only about 4-5% (if I remember correctly) the wing kit for the -9 went up $500-600 (if I remember correctly). I know because I was hitting myself in February that I hadn't been ready to pull the trigger sooner (before Dec. 31). Thus, long and short of the storyis that not all parts of the kit go up equally. Hope this provides SOME use.

Wow, that's interesting. I just went back and dug out my credit card statements. I paid Van's $5,589.50 under the "beat the price increase" deal. Then I just went to the Web site and calculated the '05 prices with what I ordered (manual trim, crating charge, dual brakes)andit came to $5,507.50.

Hey, $83 is $83, but I was still surprised the increase was only 1.5%. I should've been able to make that just by keeping the money in the Google stock for another 10 months. :D