RV10Rob

Well Known Member
I just called Van's and confirmed that their kit price increases will go into effect February 1. Make sure they receive your order before February 1, and you'll get the current prices.

That's all...

-Rob

Cool! I had resigned to being stuck with the higher prices for my wing kit, but I may actually be able to swing the order before the end of January.

Mike

All,
Do Van's annual price increases usually affect non-kit items as well? I am going to need to order my firewall forward kit sometime early next year. Perhaps I should go ahead and place the order at the end of January.

Thanks,

Increases

Good news for potential builders from Canada. With Van's increase February 1 st, the Canadian GST (federal tax) is going down by one percent, it sounds like perfect timing. One percent isn't much but it DOES represent around $200.00 dollars in savings on a QB.........all you Canadaian fence sitters:D

BTW: MDRA Pre-close inspection this weekend. Emp,Wings and Fuse.:)

I thought the prices just increased in July? $500 each for the QB wings and Fuselage. Are the prices typically on a yearly or semi annually basis? There may have been an increase out of the typical cycle due to fuel and aluminum prices.

Special one

I thought the prices just increased in July? $500 each for the QB wings and Fuselage. Are the prices typically on a yearly or semi annually basis? There may have been an increase out of the typical cycle due to fuel and aluminum prices.

I think the July increase was a special "low $ exchange rate" one for off-shore fabricated QB kits...

Typical increases have been at the start of each year...

gil A

Already increased

Placed an order today for some finishing up pieces and such. The baffle kit for the 360 went up and the ducting for the air intake for the FI has also went up compared to their 07 catalog. Somewhere like 50 to 60 dollars each on the increase. Makes you wonder if they are just increasing prices on the demand of the parts, not manufacturing costs? I hope not.:eek: