Bubblehead

Well Known Member
I don't have my plans or preview plans with me. I need the Vans part number for the inspection covers at the aft fuselage on an -8. They are probably the same as under the wings and on all RVs but don't know for sure.

I want to remove one cover and send it to a shop that mixes paint so they can match the three colors on the plate. I want to buy one to replace the sample while the sample is gone.

Thanks,

John

wing access plate

John, the part you want is W-822PP. Van's sells them for $5-6 bucks. Double check you list and see if you need anything else-shipping fees....:)

Is the access plate under the horizontal stab on the fuselage the same part #? There is also a F982E Access Plate.

I actually think the fuselage plate and the wing access covers are different John - I don't have any drawings handy, but I am pretty sure they are different shapes.

Just to confuse the issue, my older (non-prepunched) plans show this as F-824B.

That was no help at all, was it :D

...my older (non-prepunched) plans show this as F-824B......
NOT to be mistaken for the (6 ea.) very different access cover plates located underneath the wings, my newer prepunched kit with DWG 74 dated 3-06 also shows the part as F824B and is consistent with the (2 ea.) aft fuselage covers shipped with my fuselage kit.

Last edited:
F824B

F824B is also used on my pre-punched kit (shipped Mar 08). The fuselage plates are also much smaller than the wing plates...

Mike

F-824B COVER PLATE, AFT FUSE

Part Number: F-824B on both the Unpunched and PrePunched Fuse kits.

Cost: $1.90

Shown on Drawings 43 & 74 and is available through the Webstore.

Hope this helps!:)