unitink72

Well Known Member
I booger'd up the lower rib on my RV-10 rudder. Long story short I could have made it work but wanted it right, so ordered a new one using the web store Monday at 2:30pm.

Want to keep moving on my rudder but it'll be hard without this part so on Thursday at 9am I email them, asking did you receive this order because I haven't heard anything.

They write back Thursday at 1:30pm saying sorry for the delay, will contact shipping to make sure it gets out.

Thursday at 3:30 I get the tracking number.

Is that normal for ordering parts from Van's? I don't want to bother people unnecessarily, but do you get faster service with a follow-up email right after placing an order?

From Van's:

"Due to severe weather Vans Aircraft is running with a skeleton crew Please expect delays when calling or contacting us
Thank You."

Chris

Haven't you been watching the TV national news?

Everyone that lives in Oregon is living in their car while stranded in one big traffic jam.....:rolleyes:

On a more serious note, things have been moving a bit slower this week, but when things are normal, web orders are processed by the same people you talk too when you call in to order on the phone, so normally the end result (time wise) should be no different.

Haven't you been watching the TV national news?

Nope, been busy with the rudder and stocking firewood for the arctic blast Iowa is getting this weekend. High of -8F. Watta buncha BS.

Thanks for the info, didn't mean to disparage them after just 1 delay.

Nope, been busy with the rudder and stocking firewood for the arctic blast Iowa is getting this weekend. High of -8F. Watta buncha BS.

We get a little dusting of show here in Portland Oregon and you would think the earth stopped rotating on its axis! -8 F...forget it, world is ending...lol

A little slower on fulfillment . . . but acceptable.

Being a little farther east of you, I have found the same - - a bit slower in processing and shipping than Spruce. I would give them a break on the snow. Warm roads make an inch of snow extra slippery. Good prices on shipping and good prices on parts, but if I order on Monday, I usually get on the next Monday. Just enough delay (and distance) to catch the weekend in transit. I just try to plan ahead more for Vans orders, and so far have other projects to work on in the mean time. Vans seems to be better on accepting first class and priority mail. USPS is good as they will deliver on Saturday, and on rare occasion - Sunday.

Safety, support, and good value seem to be the Vans Team goals, something I can endorse.

BTW - There once was a freak cold front that hit Oregon with -20F temps and howling winds. Cows were frozen in place. Look it up. Interesting.