Hah, you should worry. They had it last year on special at about $35k with the $ at 2 to the ?. I didn't want to keep the engine in storage for 3 years so I let it go........... :(

You certainly got my attention - but I see that my preferred IO360M1B only went up $150, and by the time they will be looking at next years increase I'll be in a position to write a check and put it in storage until ready for it.

ECI raised their kit prices a few weeks ago too. Are these engines fabricated on the moon? Is that why they cost so much? I would love to see the margin they make.

Prices will soar due to lack of competition.

Prices are going up because there is one less vendor in this market. I would be willing to bet that if Superior hadn't gone bankrupt, prices would have remained the same or lowered.

You can bet that ECI will follow Lycoming's price increases, but still remain less in order to win market share once owned by Superior.

Hopefully some investor will decide to buy Superior and re-enter the market with what I personally considered a "Superior" motor!

ECI issues

I am dealing with ECI on a new engine. I have noticed the price increase for my engine also with ECI and now on top of that they are telling me I cannot even get one at that price because they cannot get crank cases from their supplier.

I talked with them at their booth at Sun n' Fun. I am ready to order my engine today. They are not sure they can get me a crank case because their supplier is the same manufacturer that supplied Superior their cases. The case supplier has filed for bankruptcy and are not able to supply any cases at this time.

I have been talking with them for 3 years now about engines. Now that I am ready for it I cannot get one because they cannot supply a case.