Noah

Well Known Member
Just got the FF kit.:D Does anybody know if Vans IE-VMP install kit is appropriate to use with an engine monitor from, say AFS? Maybe I should have crossed this off the FF kit parts list when ordering??:confused:

My AFS kit came with a MP sensor. I'm not using Van's IE-VMP. Also, I note that my LSE ignition box can output MP. I'm still checking on whether I can use that in lieu of the supplied sensor from AFS.

Maybe I should clarify

my earlier statement on using Van's VMP setup. I used Van's hose, firewall(restrictor) and engine fittings with the AFS vmp unit. I teed into the vacuum lines for the Lightspeed. You could make your own restrictor fitting (utilize DR's exotic search features) and buy the proper hose. I was not smart enough to figure this out before ordering the FF kit. Maybe on the next:rolleyes: plane.

David

My AFS kit came with a MP sensor. I'm not using Van's IE-VMP. Also, I note that my LSE ignition box can output MP. I'm still checking on whether I can use that in lieu of the supplied sensor from AFS.

Getting back on my own question: Can I use LSE's MP sensor output? Per AFS, no.

my earlier statement on using Van's VMP setup. I used Van's hose, firewall(restrictor) and engine fittings with the AFS vmp unit. I teed into the vacuum lines for the Lightspeed. You could make your own restrictor fitting (utilize DR's exotic search features) and buy the proper hose. I was not smart enough to figure this out before ordering the FF kit. Maybe on the next:rolleyes: plane.

David

Thansk for the response, David - I wasn't smart enough either! What DIDN'T you use from the Vans IE-VMP Kit. Just trying to figure out whether to ship the kit back to them and buy the individual parts that are needed.

Thanks!

Used everything engine to firewall

The rest is still hidden away in my keepsake box. I can send a couple of photos, if you think it will help.

David

Last edited:
Getting back on my own question: Can I use LSE's MP sensor output? Per AFS, no.

I have a AFS 3500...the problem is that the AFS system doesn't have generic analog inputs and the s/w is not setup to look for MP except thru their MP transducer.

As the MP transducer is included with the AFS system, why not use it?

AFS Manifold Transducer to Vans IE VMP

Guess I'm still a little boneheaded on this..I have the Vans Hose and Bulkhead fitting(with restrictor) fitting already installed from engine to firewall..and need to hook the AFS manifold pressure transducer up. Do I run a small low pressure line between the two (the hose sizes are not the same)..or do I get a new bulkhead fitting/ and/or adapter..Guess Im not seeing the big picture here....Thanks