N661DJ

Well Known Member
Need a paint code {PPG Delfleet Essential) or equivalent for Vans powder coating gray. Searched the Forums, lots of info, but no paint codes.
Dick

See Van's Accessory Catalog

Dick, Van's Accessory Catalog has powdercoat touch-up paint and some equivalent paint codes are listed.

Pearl Gray touch-up paint.
Part Number = PAINT, TOUCHUP PGRAY
Price = $4.25

It's hard to provide a permanent link to the listing but here's the description:

Some of the steel parts supplied in the kits are powdercoated. Scratches can occur and we have small bottles of touch-up paint for older GRAY parts. PAINT, TOUCHUP PGRAY. This is Cardinal brand, color GR-230.

More recent WHITE parts are Cardinal brand, color T009-WH111 90% gloss. We do not have touch up paint available for this. An equivalent Sherwin Williams code is PWS9-40002. A Dupli-Color applicator is also available from some auto parts stores: part code NG CC 362.

FWIW, I took a sample Van's powdercoated part to a local automotive paint store and the counterperson was able to mix me up a quart of PPG or whatever that was a good match.

--
Joe

You can also buy spray cans of Cardinal paint (although there may be a minimum order of 6 or 12 cans...just get together with your buddies and split it) for the Van's powdercoat gray color. Very handy for small parts and occasional touch-ups, etc.

FYI: Now available directly from the source

Hey folks, we have carried the touch up paint to match the powder coating on Van's parts for several years, but it was never a very good fit for our store (aerosols are hard for us to ship).

Just wanted to let everyone know that it looks like Cardinal has lifted the order minimum on paints and you can now get this paint in whatever quantity you like directly here. The paint color code is GR230.

RAL 7035

For you Euros, it's also known as RAL 7035 (easy to remember number, thankfully!)

Interesting. I had some RAL7035 mixed up and it seemed far darker than the powder coated components I received. I then had some RAL9010 mixed up and this was much closer, however the Van's powder coated components were still a slightly lighter shade. My components were ex-works 2014.
Tom.