Bubblehead

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a data sheet or instructions for the standard Vans gascolator they could scan and email to me? My email address is:

[email protected]

Thanks,

John

Last edited by a moderator:
instructions

John,
I bought Van's unit also.....it did not come with any documentation.
I had/have the same questions you do.
I just figured it must be obviously basic, so when I get/got around to installing it in my already flying -6, I would just figure it out.

I have installed an Andair unit on a flying -6 as a replacement for the original
home builder units and found the "location" to be the hardest part of the install.
Clearing the engine mount and getting the unit spaced off the firewall enough so the sump drain will miss the edge attachment of the lower cowling and be accessible through a hole. Also scratched my head about the proper AN fitting to install through the firewall to get a proper fuel line routing without a kink or impossible to make assembly.

When I looked at the Van's unit, I see the 4 screws that hold the bowl in place and the 2 rear screws look like they might be hard to get at without a long or flexible screwdriver, the placement will need to be done with that in mind.

I know this isn't a set of instructions, but if it turns out that there aren't any, then maybe these tips will help out.
Good Luck.

Last edited: