jchang10

Well Known Member
My plumbing fixture failed. It looks like crud caused the nylon piece to bind in the housing. When changing tanks, I over-torqued it enough to break the nylon itself.

Does anyone know if i can order just the nylon piece? It seems like the weak link. I only need the nylon piece, so ordering a completely new valve for $50 from Van's is overkill.

Now i know to clean the valve upon the slightest resistance. Unfortunately, my lever was rubbing against the fuel selector plate. It was kind of stiff due to the rubbing, so I never noticed any resistance or the break. I fixed the rubbing, so it is now super smooth.

Thanks!
Jae

RmF8FUkqLoblsNC3jh9goyaXdmvml-xM-I-0VJyOwmc=s203-p-no

EBl9BOM0tfIylg4Fxiz-tdy3d0jvfPvtzwIASDmR1LY=s203-p-no

IMG_20140913_112547103.jpg

Is the -10 valve like the other RVs?

If so, I have a kit one I'll sell for $20 including USPS priority shipping. Unused, but should have it's O-rings replaced.

Looks like the one on the right.

cat-med_fuel-selector-valve.jpg

The answer to Gil's question is 'yes', if your fuselage kit was delivered prior to about March 2008, and came with a handle similar to that in Gil's photo. Kits shipped after that date, with the 'lift then turn' machined aluminum handle, have a valve which is identical except that the valve shaft is slightly smaller in diameter (if you have that valve Gil's should be good for all parts except the shaft, but not a direct replacement).

Thanks for the offer. I already ordered a replacement from Van's.
RV-10 Fuel Valve
Part Number = VA-178G

I was still hoping to find a source for just the parts. I just sent an email to Moeller Marine, who may be the source for the part. I'll post what they may say.

http://www.iboats.com/Moeller-Four-Way-Valve/dm/view_id.392162

Just got a reply. I wish they would live up to their slogan in their sig.
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry with Moeller Marine. Unfortunately, this is a purchased product and we do not manufacture in house.

Regards,

Heather Watkins
Customer Service/Tech Support
Moeller Marine Products
801 North Spring St. Sparta, TN 38583
Ph. 1.800.432.8344 ext. 272
Fx. 1.931.738.9835
*Making customer service the best it can be is a part of what I do every day.*

Last edited: