Junglepilot

Well Known Member
Installing the Facet pump and lines and pulled out the Andair Gascolator to build the bracket. It has a tapped hole in the top it says can be used for primer line or fuel pressure sender.

I screwed in a Vans sender and yes it fits nicely. Would simplify things. Anyone done this?

I could be off (often am), but I think you want your FP sensor downstream from the engine pump. Between engine pump and carb or fuel servo, if injected.

What I thought

That's my thinking. But that's what the Andair booklet suggested as an alternate use for that tapped hole (instead of a primer line). But it was a late night and I was crossed from the fumes from my K-1 heater.

The fuel pressure should really be measured after the mech fuel pump - otherwise there will be no indication without the boost pump on. The hole on top of the Andair gascolator can either be bunged up or can be used as a tapping for the primer - I use an electric solenoid wired in series with the electric fuel pump so priming button (ie button to operate solenoid) will only work when the elec pump is on.

Pete