smokenjoe50

Does anyone know how much you get for the finders fee? I heard it was a gift certificate to Van's. Has anyone done this?

10 or 11 years ago

When I lived in California my neighbor brought a friend to see the airplane I was building in my garage. The fellows name was Ken Knowles. I did not know him but before his retirement he and his wife had been in business some time previously selling Thorp T-18s, kits or materials. Ken was around 80 at the time. Unbeknownst to me Ken ordered an RV-6A kit and I received a check in the mail from Vans. I do not remember the exact amount.

Ken and I ended up doing our final assembly in the same large hangar at Chino. He powered his with an Egg Subaru engine and flew his before me. He is quite a remarkable man. His wife had a stroke during this time and could not walk or talk but he would bring her to the airport and lovingly care for her as he finished the airplane. His wife died and he sold the RV-6A to a nice guy up by Edwards AFB - I rode with him on the delivery flight. The last time I talked to him he lived in Prescott, AZ and he was building a Sonex airplane that he planned to fly as an LSA.

Bob Axsom

finders fee

for friends free. i've been contracted to look for people that i didn't know and it was usually $500.00 fee. it really depends on how much work you have to do.

dan carley
RV4
N14FT

I've donated the....

...finders fee to my local EAA Chapter.

I think I've done about 5 so far...:)

I signed up a fellow EAA member for the finder's fee, but they never received it. :confused: It might have something to do with fact he had an RV-3 and I got into the RV-7, who knows.