sglynn

Well Known Member
Questions about Van's ES WH 6/7/9 Wiring System. I'm installing the engine and I'm at that point in the plans where it says, "Install the power cables from Van's ES WH System".

So should I order this package, given that I've already wired the wings and fuselage, but I have no wiring forward of firewall, nor do I know what plan or design to use for major power and ground locations.

Will there be a lot of overlap with the wiring in the fuselage and wings? I plan to use Dynon Skyview and VP-X power so will much of this packaged wiring kit be useless or useful?

Your experienced knowledge is appreciated.

The kit is kind of a mixed bag of stuff that mostly resembles what you would need for several different, but relatively standard, wiring scenarios.
Most folks that buy it end up using it but have to add in or modify in some areas. The power cables where the most useful to me as at that time I did not have a low gage "big" wire terminal crimper. They send enough to cover all the different models for standard locations like the battery, so you end up with extra cables.
I found it useful and did not regret buying it, but I wouldn't do it again.
You will have some overlap of stuff but you can simply eliminate those from the harness. Not a big deal.
Sorry but that is probably not very helpful.