OKAV8r

Well Known Member
For anyone that has purchased the engine primer system 2 cylinder kit from Vans...
Does it include the nozzles?

Primer kit

I recollect it was a complete kit. However, support the copper line in as many places as possible and have a couple of loops in it too between the firewall and the engine.
Mine broke twice before I had it properly supported. Been fine since. I rarely need it to start but nice to have it there for the day when I do. A lot of builders will say you do not need it. It is like primer wars. Personal choice. When I preflight I use my flashlight through the oil flap and pay special attention to the copper line as much as you can see. When the upper cowl is off, I check it diligently.
This is on a 7a

have one installed on my baby... gotta say, would not install one myself.
Basically never used it since a couple of throttle movements sprays enough fuel for the engine to always start on the 2nd blade. Lest I forget to switch the ignition to on :eek:

Careful

There are other recent threads on this..the primer system works great. Pumping the throttle works great..EXCEPT, that is shooting fuel straight up from the carb, and a failed start can lead to airbox/engine fire. The primer system puts the fuel into the combustion chamber where it belongs. I have experienced said fire in a Cessna 150, and its no bueno. I have the VANs electric solenoid system on my -4, and it has been flawless.