apkp777

Well Known Member
Looks like Van's just increased the prices on their Lycoming engines. I was leaning toward a new engine from them, should I wait till Sun-n-Fun for a "show price"?

Tony,

Since you are an A&P, why not use the P part of that license and build up an ECi Kit engine and save yourself a stack of bills.

Hey Bill,

I talked to the guys at AERO. I figure I would only save about $5000 now looks more like $6000.

Yeah, I know I can use the "P" and put together an engine. Just am concerned about the problems ECI had in delivering their parts.

When do you expect your engine kit?

The Van's Order Forms for Engines & Props warn of this.

The Van's Order Forms for Engines & Props warn of this with something like "the manufacturer normally increases the price with the start of the new calendar year and the lead time is 12 to 16 weeks. If your order is delivered after the end of the year you will be charged the new year's price." I just got my new Hartzell Prop order in under the wire and it was delivered yesterday at this year's price. (For anyone that may be interested - I plan to test fly the plane in its current configuration then switch props and repeat the test - after that I will sell my 72" dia. Hartzell C/S with F7666 blades and a B assembly suffix serial number if the price is right. I have some significant home responsibilities right now so the testing won't be completed for a while.)

Bob Axsom