RickWoodall

Well Known Member
So i am about 4 months from saying i do on a aerosport or mattituck io-320 lyc set up.
If i read vans sale flyer correctly, they are selling it brand new for $21K and if i order their sens prop i can get it, including shipping of less than $20K.

Now that aint free, but that is a pretty darn good deal isnt it? Comments welcome but that is much less than i was expecting. Flames and logical comments very welcome. Its a big check to write.

I agree that this narrows the gap between Lycoming and clones a lot. However before you can benefit for this OEM deal you have to have ordered all kit parts already... :rolleyes:

I've thought about this a lot too, after having just purchased an 0-320 from Aerosport for just slightly less.

One thing to maybe factor into your decision...
What's the warranty like and what will the after-sale support be like. From many other builders' experiences, I have no doubt that Aerosport will stand 100% behind their engine and it does have great warranty terms. I'm not sure (one way or the other) whether I'd get the same from Lycoming.

Good luck on your decision.

Engine costs

I had a few folks with much more experience tell me to go with a new engine and keep it simple, especially my first built. I dont need all the latest and greatest...its a brand new FI engine, and a slick plane...i will be happy so....

In looking over basic fi quotes from other firms...maybe i dont read it correctly, but i cannot find an io-320 new, delivered to my area for less that $20k. You folks must be getting better deals. I was hoping to wrap it up and place my order at OSH, hopefully getting a few bells and whistles on the cheap.

I would much rather buy Aerosport or Matt.. but is it worth a few thousand...not sure. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I've thought about this a lot too, after having just purchased an 0-320 from Aerosport for just slightly less.

One thing to maybe factor into your decision...
What's the warranty like and what will the after-sale support be like. From many other builders' experiences, I have no doubt that Aerosport will stand 100% behind their engine and it does have great warranty terms. I'm not sure (one way or the other) whether I'd get the same from Lycoming.

Good luck on your decision.

I bought my 0-360 from a guy who bought it from Aerosport (from an ad here on VAF). I called Aerosport with a few questions and to see if I'd have any warranty left. Bart told me I'd get the full 3 years starting *after* my first flight. I found him at OSH last year (his booth was near SteinAir's) and shook his hand and said I'd be a customer for life, and I will. I can't say enough good things about them.