cjensen

Well Known Member
I haven't called Van's yet this morning, but has anyone had any trouble with 'support at vansaircraft' email today, or over the weekend?

I've had them bounce back three times...

:confused:

Trouble

I had some trouble last week, but my question got answered on Friday.
Gmail automatically retried for 3 days to get my email thur.

Good Luck

Same here... I just posted a question here because I could not get the email to get to Vans... Tried 4 times - 2 diff email systems.

PAUL

Had a moment to call Van's...their whole email system is down. They can send, but can't receive right now.

I just talked to them

and yes, their email system is down. Smoke coming from the back of the server ... could be awhile. :(

...that's why Van's did not answer to my firewall forward kit order!
I was worrying about this... (ordered on Friday)

From Bob DeVore at Van's (their computer guy).

It's already been posted on you web site that people can not send us e-mails, so I thought I let you what's going on.

At this time we are even not able retrieve e-mails. Our web/e-mail host
decided to set up a "web mail" program for all of it's clients.

On Sunday at mid-night eastern time our host activated their new web mail program, and moved our mail to a different server. When they did this they failed to configure "their system/our e-mail" correctly. They failed to change the mx record to point to the new server.

This morning when I reported the problem to our host they told me the error would be corrected within 24 hours. My reply to them was that 24hours was not acceptable, but I'm powerless.
I'm not a happy camper (pilot).

We are still able to send out e-mails because we use our broadband hosts
SMTP server for outgoing e-mails.

Thankfully our web site and web store is on-line working, so orders can be placed and we are able to process them.

Hopefully our host will get their problem corrected soon.

That is what happens when you get non-pilots to mess with DNS records :). Oops sorry about that...! Yeah, if they had been building an airplane with the same kind of care and attention that they (the provider) took with their customers DNS records, they might be a smoking hole in the ground at this point. I'm opinionated on that topic because it is part of how I pay for my toys.

I had some trouble last week, but my question got answered on Friday.
Gmail automatically retried for 3 days to get my email thur.

Unrelated to today's server problem, but I tried twice to send to [email protected] from my gmail account in December and it failed after 3 days both times. I was able to send to them from my work account though?

...thought so...

I faxed 'em last night. I'm trying to get a couple of final answers before I decided whether to send in the finish kit order or stomach the price increase. Anyone know what the increase actually is, BTW? The usual 3% or so perhaps?

Update on Van's email system

...from Bob DeVore at Van's

"The mx record was just placed this morning (Tuesday 8:30AM pacific time). As the routers on the Internet are updated folks should start being able to send us e-mails with(out) them bouncing back. We are still waiting for our routers in this area to be updated to allow us to download the e-mails."

Last edited:
I shot an email off to Barb just before lunch about final payment for my finish kit...it DIDN'T COME BACK!! Woohoo!:cool:

eMail is baxck up

Just got a reply to a question I posted yesterday and it appears they email is back in service.